Tonight before going to bed Luke said he had to say goodnight to Drew first, so he walked into the darkened nursery, climbed up on the crib, and quietly whispered, "Goodnight baby Drew". My heart melted. It touches my heart all the ways Luke shows his love for his baby brother: kisses, songs, soft touches, and baby talking chatter. When Drew cries he will say, 'Hey Mom Drew needs you, or go help Drew". Sometimes he will even try soothing Drew himself softfly saying things like "Its okay Drewpy, don't be sad". I don't know which is cuter, the little guy trying to make 'his baby' feel better or the fact that he calls him Drewpy. I Love that he knows and accepts that Drew belongs with us, so much so that he claims Drew to be "his baby". He seems to understand that Drew will grow and be big enough to really play with him one day and I know he looks forward to that day. Now, he is happy to give Drew's baby fist 'nugs', rock is bouncy seat, or shake some rattles. and I am happy to see all the sweet sweet ways Luke is a wonderful big brother.

