Saturday, July 17, 2010

Insomnia

Ok, so I am one of those people who actually like being pregnant -for several beautiful miraculous reasons, lucky I know. BUT, one of my few complaints is the evil lurkings of insomnia. I mean really, taking away a naturally fatigued pregnant women's ability to sleep for no reason is evil. I am not a great sleeper to begin with, but I at least deserve to catch up on a few good nights worth of sleep BEFORE it becomes just another thing that you have to manuever physically EVERY time you have to switch sides (already annoying if you are a tummy sleeper, right), or feel that unsatisfying kick of restless leg syndrome, and not to mention having to empty a bladder that you just fully emptied 2 x that night already! I mean come on! We all know that sleep will be a far and distant thing of the past once that little bundle of needs is here (at least for the first 3 months, please God not 8 this time! pretty please.) I have had plenty of experience in the lack of sleep department, I know how it works, I don't need these early lessons now! I have at least 12 weeks left, let me get some sleep!