Thursday, January 21, 2010

Only a Parent can Love a Toilet Tale




We purchased a Potty Chair because Luke had been showing some interest in using the big toilet, but with no real intention to start training just yet. However, Luke was so excited to get it out of the box and use it, and how could we deny that!!
Then he told me he had to 'poo-poo', and so I thought, "Sure, worth a try". It was successful!! That first time was a big moment, and even Luke was aware of that, upon finishing he Exclaimed, "I DID IT". The pride of such a big boy accomplishment is always memorable even when it involes poo. (but, I don't know which is more worrisome: that this was the highlight of my week, or that I was sure to get the whole thing on video?)
Within the next few days he had 3 successful tries on the potty.
I am sure the novelty will wear off soon for both of us and this milestone will be a long drawn out messy experience. But hey, we are off on the right foot!
Good Job Luke!